Installing .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows Server 2012 is not so hard, but it can be a little bit confusing if you are used to the traditional dotnetfix35.exe installation. Here is how you do it.
- First you need to mount the Windows Server 2012 iso. My mount point is D:\
- The next step is enable the feature from the source. To do this open a command promt and run the following command (replace D:\ with your mount point):
dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /all /Source:D:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess
- Go to Server Manager -> Manage -> Add roles and features
- Skip to features in the wizard and choose “.NET Framework 3.5 Features”.
- Click next and click on “Specify an alternative source path” as shown in the picture below:
- Write the path for your source, in my case “D:\sources\sxs” and click OK
- Click Install.